Matooke Republic
Saturday, November 29, 2025
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Features
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Photos
  • Relationships
Matooke Republic
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Features
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Photos
  • Relationships
No Result
View All Result
Matooke Republic
No Result
View All Result

Blue Card to be introduced in football: Who gets the Blue Card and what is the punishment?

William Kasoba by William Kasoba
February 9, 2024
in Featured Stories, Sports
Reading Time: 2 mins read
15
SHARES
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Reports say that football will soon have a new card called the blue card. This news will be announced by the International Football Association Board today, February 9.

When a player commits a cynical foul or is rude to the referee, they will get a blue card. Then, they will have to leave the game for 10 minutes. A “cynical foul” is when a player does something bad on purpose, even if they know they won’t get the ball.

Meanwhile, if a player gets two blue cards in one game, or a blue card and a yellow card together, they will be sent off.

RELATED POSTS

Kagame explains why Rwanda decided to end sponsorship deal with Arsenal

Ngo League season 5 playoffs set to thrill at King’s Park Arena this Sunday

The big football competitions won’t try this new rule at first. But it might be used in the men’s and women’s FA Cup competitions next season.

This isn’t the first time football has tried new cards. In Portugal, they have a white card since January 2023. But it doesn’t affect the game. It’s just to say “good job” when someone does something fair.

So far, only Portugal uses the white card. FIFA, the world football governing body, hasn’t said yes to it yet. So, only Portugal can use it in their games.

Related

Tags: Blue CardFAFIFAfootball
Share6Tweet4Send
William Kasoba

William Kasoba

Related Posts

Uganda advance to U17 World Cup last-16 after hard-fought win over Senegal

by Matooke Republic
2 weeks ago

...

Hoima City Stadium earns perfect 5-star rating after independent assessment

by William Kasoba
2 weeks ago

...

Uganda’s World Cup Dream Still Alive — But Hanging by a Thread: Here’s the Math

by William Kasoba
2 months ago

...

Football match suspended after bees invade stadium

by Matooke Republic
3 months ago

...

Fahad Bayo.

Uganda Cranes striker Fahad Bayo wins contract dispute against Czech club as FIFA orders payment of Shs209 million

by Matooke Republic
9 months ago

...

Next Post

DETAILS: Man accused of stealing girlfriend’s household items says he was just shifting their property to a safe place

Eddy Kenzo.

"I am not single," Kenzo reveals why he decided to keep his love life private

RECOMMENDED

Tusker Cider to fire up meatings again this December — The BBQ Experience returns bigger and bolder

November 29, 2025

The Singleton lights up the end of November at The Big Meeting

November 29, 2025

MOST VIEWED

  • Here are the requirements you must have to pick your new national ID

    125 shares
    Share 50 Tweet 31
  • Mike Mukula says his son was poisoned

    32 shares
    Share 13 Tweet 8
  • How URA’s armed investigation officers raided KFC’s office in Kololo

    25 shares
    Share 10 Tweet 6
  • OC Ntawo Police Station in Mukono shot dead

    23 shares
    Share 9 Tweet 6
  • Sasha Ferguson hits back at Canary Mugume, urges him to seek help

    20 shares
    Share 8 Tweet 5
Matooke Republic

Uganda's only free Newspaper. Out every Thursday. Freshly peeled info. kiwatule, Kampala, Uganda.

  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Features
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Photos

© Matooke Republic 2024

© Matooke Republic 2024

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.