Fresh from church, put on your apron, and head over to the kitchen. We are going to make a finger-lickingly delicious Spaghetti and meatballs dish. It is easy, cheap, and mouth-watering.
FOR THE MEATBALLS
- Ground beef (choose your own quantity depending on how many people you plan to serve)
- Bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup of freshly minced cheese, preferably parmesan
- 1/4 cup of freshly chopped parsley
- 1 beaten egg
- Minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 teaspoonful of salt
- 1/2 teaspoonful of crushed red pepper flakes
FOR THE SAUCE
- Crushed tomatoes (Any amount you deem appropriate)
- 2 tablespoonfuls of tomato paste
- 1/2 onion, preferable yellow, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoonful of dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- 1 cup of low-sodium chicken broth
- Minced Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Make meatballs: In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, bread crumbs, Parmesan, parsley, egg, salt, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Form into 16 meatballs and place in the bottom of a crock pot.
- In another large bowl, mix together crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, onion, oregano, and garlic.
- Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Pour sauce over meatballs.
- Cover crock pot with lid and cook on high temperature for three hours until meatballs are cooked through.
- During the last hour of cooking add chicken broth and spaghetti into the crock pot, breaking it in half to fit.
- Replace lid and continue cooking for the remaining hour.
- Garnish with Parmesan and parsley before serving.